Monday, September 21, 2009

I wish I drafted Frank Gore

The 49ers dropped the Seahawks 23-10 on Sunday to become one of 9 unbeaten teams in the NFL, and more importantly, earn 2 early wins in the NFC West. It will be difficult to take that crown from the Cardinals but the 49ers already beat them in Arizona to show them that it won't be a cakewalk. I like how the 49ers would break post practice huddles by responding to the query "Am I my brother's keeper?", with a "Yes I am", in unison. I have high hopes for this squad.

Much respect to Frank Gore, who ran for 207 yards against the Seahawks. Amazingly, his 2 monstrous TD runs of 79 yards and 80 yards came even though Seattle was stacking the box with 7 and 8 defenders. Pretty amazing. He and the greatest running back of all time, BARRY SANDERS, are the only 2 players in history to break off two TD runs of at least 75 yards in a single game.

Shaun Hill is impressively 9-3 as a starter but he clearly will not be asked to run a high octane offense a la Drew Brees. But ball control and defense should help the niners win a lot of games. This Sunday's matchup vs Minnesota will be a huge litmus test. Its the only battle of two unbeaten teams this week. The Cardinals and the Seahawks aren't good rushing teams so the real question is if the 49ers can contain Adrian Peterson or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment