- Germany - clearly the most impressive so far with 4 effortless goals. The German machine is at work again. Ballack who?
- Brazil - took over a half to breakdown N Korea's 7 man defense but their 2 goals are among the best so far. Maicon had no angle for his goal and Robinho's pass threaded the entire defense over 30 yards to reach Elano in stride.
- Argentina only scored 1 but hey, a win's a win. Still waiting for a Messi golazo to really get the tourney going. (Or today's 4 goal outburst will do as well).
- Netherlands didn't impress, didn't depress.
- France and Uruguay played a drab draw. Domenech show again that he's the most imbecilic manager ever for not starting Malouda.
- England was forced into an ugly game by US.
- Italy's draw reveals the need for some offensive imagination.
-Portugal will only go as far as Ronaldo can take them. And all he's doing is diving. Its embarrassing.
- Spain - Villa and Torres need to get it going. Midfield is giving them plenty of chances.
-African teams: Cameroon didn't show up. Algeria gifted Slovenia a win. Ivory Coast couldn't muster an attack. Only Ghana managed to win. And host country...
- South Africa should've had a win vs Mexico with the eyes on the world watching. 2 mistakes stood out, the stupidity of their CB to hold 4 Mexicans onside cost them a win. They also had an injury time shot that clanged off the post.
- Serbia was a favorite to advance but hurt their chances with a handball of the most daft kind.
- N Korea was surprisingly resilient defensively. Also, they weren't emaciated and playing in rags. A note to the emotional north korean - dude, your homeland is dominated by a totalitarian and paranoid maniac who thinks he's a god. Wait, maybe that's why Tae was crying.
- Switzerland - Swiss coach revealed that he studied Bradley's tactics to upset favorite Spain on the biggest stage.
- S Korea outplayed an overrated Greek team by showing their industry, speed and fitness.
- Japan won for the first time outside of Asia over a favored African side (Cameroon).
- USA - happily take a draw against England any day of the week.
- Uruguay - Forlan looked primed and ready to explode, as we found out yesterday.