Friday, March 11, 2011
KLove's 52 straight double doubles
Kevin Love now has the NBA record for consecutive games with double doubles at 52. Other random facts (stats as of Friday morning before any games):
- He's only been in the single digits in points twice this year, both back in November - 8 points vs Sacramento on 11/10 and 0 points vs the Lakers on 11/19.
- He's only been in the single digits in rebounds 5 times, all in the month of November, the last of which was that 11/19 game vs the Lakers.
- On the season, he has 61 total double-doubles, which is most in the league. To put that in perspective, only 3 other players have more than 40 - Blake Griffin (56), Dwight Howard (52), Zach Randolph (46).
- 11/22, the first game of the streak was vs the Thunder when he scored 24 and grabbed 17 boards.
- The record breaking game was on 3/9 vs the Pacers. He had 16 points, 21 rebounds.
Out of the 52 games:
- He finished with less than 15 rebounds only 15 times.
- He also finished with 20 or more rebounds a whopping 11 times.
- 11 times, he grabbed more rebounds than points scored.
- 8 times, he had a 20-20 night.
- He scored 30 points or more 8 times. Of those 8 games, he grabbed 20 or more rebounds 3 times.
- His highest point total of the year was on 12/18 vs the Nuggets. He had 43 points (and 17 boards).
- His highest rebound total of the streak was 24 vs Boston on 1/3. However, he did grab 31 boards (and scored 31 points) vs the Knicks before the streak on 11/12, which was the game that announced his claim to all star status.
- The closest call to breaking the streak was his mortal 10 point, 10 rebound night on 2/2 vs Memphis. Man, that was close.
- He grabbed a total of 244 offensive rebounds during the streak, which is about 29% of his total (853). Per night, he averaged about 4.7 offensive rebounds (which is also his season average and it leads the league as well).
- During the streak, he averaged 21.7 points, 16.4 rebounds. (Season average: 20.8 points, 15.8 rebounds)