1970-73 Dallas Cowboys, 2-2 (won SB in 1971 NFL season)
1974-76 Los Angeles Rams, 0-3
1980-82 Dallas Cowboys, 0-3
1988-91 San Francisco 49ers, 2-1 (won SB '88, '89)
1992-95 Dallas Cowboys, 3-1 (won SB '92, '93, '95)
1992-94 San Francisco 49ers, 1-2 (won SB '93)
1995-97 Green Bay Packers, 2-1 (won SB '96)
2001-04 Philadelphia Eagles, 1-3
2011-13 San Francisco 49ers, 1-1, TBD
1971-73 Miami Dolphins, 3-0 (won SB '72, '73)
1973-77 Oakland Raiders 1-4 (won SB '76)
1974-76 Pittsburgh Steelers 2-1 (won SB '74, '75)
1990-93 Buffalo Bills 4-0
2011-13 New England Patriots 1-1, TBD
- The balance of power was clearly with the AFC in the '70s, with the NFC in the '80s and '90s, and nonexistent in the 2000's.
- 14 times, including this season's Patriots and 49ers, a team has advanced to at least 3 consecutive Conference championships. 9 times in the NFC, 5 times in the AFC.
- 4 of those times, a team made it to 4 consecutive conference championships - Dallas '70-'73, Buffalo '90-'93, Dallas '92-'95, Philadelphia '01-'04.
- 1 team earned 5 consecutive trips - Oakland '73-'77, but only advanced to the SB once.
- The 49ers and Cowboys are the only two organizations that have had multiple conference championship streaks. Both have done it 3 times.
- The Dolphins and the Bills are the only two teams that never suffered a loss during their conference championship streaks. Of course, sadly, the Bills never won a SB in 4 tries.
- In fact, including the Bills, there were 4 times where teams did not at least win the Superbowl at least once during their respective conference championship streaks.
- Also, only 4 times did an organization win multiple SBs during their conference championship streak. Let's not be the 5th. Hopefully that'll be the Belicheats.